Saturday, March 10, 2018

Bouncing bee-boppers

Day 10 of 31 at TWT!
"Do you remember what we're going to do today?" It's 6:30 a.m. on a Saturday and a small person has scampered into our room, but I don't quite mind today.

A wider grin slowly creeps across Sweetie's face and she raises her eyebrows in expectation. "Go to the pancake breakfast!"

"That's right! And what will we do at the pancake breakfast?"

"Eat green syrup! With Granddaddy! I love Granddaddy!"

We choose our greenest clothes, bead necklaces, and "bee-boppers", grab warm coats and blankets for the parade, put on Irish songs in the car, and head down to my old middle school. "This was Mommy's school in two ways: Mommy was a student here and a teacher here!" So many memories always hit me when we walk through those doors, but today is really all about family traditions.

Oh boy, green syrup!
The breakfast is put on by the Lion's Club, so there's always a friendly lion!
She loves Irish songs so much I had to download a bunch after the Irish Festival this summer!
"A great big hat!"
What's coming now?
Bagpipes!
"Look, Granddaddy!"
"What was your favorite thing?" "The dragon!!!"
I've loved our town's St. Patrick's celebration for longer than I can remember, but it's so much sweeter to share it with a pair of bouncing bee-boppers on a little blonde head!

4 comments:

  1. I love seeing and hearing her excitement. Great memories were made today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO cute! I love her hat. Green syrup?? Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO cute! I love her hat. Green syrup?? Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have the best family traditions! Someday, little Sweetie will be doing these same things when she's grown up. So much joy surrounds your family!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy and I'd love to hear from YOU! :-)