Tuesday, May 1, 2012

If you can't say anything nice...

at Two Writing Teachers!
I'm sure you all just finished that sentence in your heads, so I'm not going to write it all out for you.  In fact, I'm not going to write much of anything today.  Because today was the first of several days of state testing, and I'm not going to say anything about state testing.

Sure, I could describe the pervasive cloud of apprehension that hangs over staff and students each morning to the point that it's difficult to breathe.  I could explain how everyone is so drained in the afternoon that neither the students nor I really feel up to doing much learning during our brief, hurry-up-and-get-started-because-class-is-almost-over-even-though-we-just-got-here time together.  I could talk about how one high-stress snapshot is not really a great indicator of a student's progress or achievement.

But instead, I'm just not going to say anything.  You all know how I feel, and you feel it too.

Instead, I'm going relax and enjoy reading all of your posts.  I'm going to play some games on my iPod, stretch out on the bed and read a book, listen to some music while fixing dinner, and watch that calming video my sweet husband found for me.  And not say anything at all.

4 comments:

  1. And yet you said it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep...sometimes it's best to close those tests off from you mind and do the things that will make you happy. So stretch out and make the best of your evening...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the way to shake it off! You've worked hard to get the knowledge in, now it is up to the kids to show it.
    If I come to Ohio, we would definitely be eating out, not cooking in. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's to leaving all the unimportant parts out & emphasizing the good ones, like stretching out, reading & listening to that calming video. Hurrah for you, Jennifer.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy and I'd love to hear from YOU! :-)