|Day 23 of 31 at Two Writing Teachers!|
Today, the sun is making my eyes squint and blink with its unfamiliar brightness. (In Ohio, our winters are dark and dreary, with few peeks at the sun!) Today, I walked with my jacket unzipped and my hands freed from their gloves, soaking in the fresh air. Today, I didn't cringe against coldness when I opened the car door. Today, no biting wind made my ears or nose achy and red. Today, it was spring.
Spring is my favorite season, and I thought it would be fun to welcome it like Ruth welcomed fall last August. So, hello spring!
- Hello golden sunshine streaming through my windows.
- Hello birds chattering and chirping in the mornings.
- Hello evenings, slow hours stretching daylight into twilight.
- Hello walks in the park and listening to the neighbor kids giggle outside.
- Hello porch and patio and yard, soothing my stress and calming my soul.
- Hello sniffing bunnies and wiggly duck families, fuzzy and joyful.
- Hello bike rides and metro parks, deep breaths of sweet, fragrant air.
- Hello cheerful flowers and budding branches, wide-eyed wonder as the world comes alive.
- Hello birthday, you make me feel like a kid again!
- Hello poetry, you always fill my heart in springtime.
Hello spring, you renew my spirit and enliven my heart.