|at Two Writing Teachers!
For me, today was an exciting and crazy whirlwind of a day: new building, new position, new age level, new colleagues... My head is spinning.
A few recurring thoughts from the day:
- High schools are BIG. Really big!
- What was it I wanted to ask?
- Oh, I met that person earlier... (Insert their name OR what they teach, but never both!
- Umm, ok... need to find out what that is...
- Oh dear, I need to add that to my never-ending to-do list!
|This was my brain today...
As overwhelming as everything is at this point, I've found some really nice people to latch onto for help. I discovered I know a few more people in this building than I thought I would. And everyone keeps telling me how excited they are to have me and how they love my smile, which makes me feel like they're hugging me with words.
I think it will be a good year. (Everyone keeps telling me this too, which is kind of nice but also somewhat unnerving, as if they're convincing themselves and me. But that's not necessarily a bad thing; at least they are trying to be positive!)