Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Breathless

26 of 31 at Two Writing Teachers!
Have you ever experienced a work of art so stunning it seems to have jolted you out of a lethargic slumber? Suddenly, all your senses are wide awake and alert. Suddenly, you're ALIVE. Suddenly, you wonder, like Rip Van Winkle, what else you've missed.


It's so incredible that the only way to capture it is by trying a little of Elsie's phoetry.


Light

Beautiful blossoms awaken,
beckoning and enticing.

Brilliant bubbles hover,
delicate and alluring.

Enchanted orbs 
float
and 
shimmer.

Elegant shapes swirl,
sparkling and smiling.

Peaceful blooms 
glow
with hope.

The old*, transformed
into wild newness.

Vibrant colors dance,
pulsing and echoing.

Fiery flashes 
ripple
and 
rumble.

Breathless.
Wonder.
Magic.

*Many of the pieces, including the dome and the colored towers after it, were made from re-used materials like old plastic bottles!

2 comments:

  1. I think you've mastered the art of phoetry. Absolutely gorgeous! I can only imagine what it looked like in person, your words give me a glimpse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before I saw this phoem truthfully I have never thought about visiting Columbus, Ohio. This is fantastic! Your home tour has made me want to visit your home town. I had to find out where you were. :) Enjoy more adventures.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy and I'd love to hear from YOU! :-)