Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Seriously?

25 of 31 at Two Writing Teachers!
NO. WAY.
Is that...?
Seriously?
No, it can't be...

I squinted through the half-open blind slats,
rubbing my eyes and hoping that I was just imagining...
White. Fuzz. Outside my window.
Ugh. 
It is.
Really?
SNOW.
On Spring Break.
Seriously?

But I've only been home for two hours!
It did THAT in two hours? 
Without me noticing?
I mean, my students' slices were delightful and entertaining...
and I was having fun ordering a World Book Night t-shirt to get ready for April...
and playing cute games on my new phone...
but 
it 
did 
THAT?

On SPRING Break?

And I didn't notice?

Really?

Well, I guess I know what I'm going to slice about today...

8 comments:

  1. I just had the same reaction! I was sitting on my couch slicing away, when I got a text message from my husband telling me to check out the snow. I had been home for less than 2 hours and hadn't seen so much as a single flake when I arrived at our apartment earlier. It was quite the shock to look outside and see our little courtyard covered in a snowy blanket! What?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess we had the same storm blow through last Saturday, it was gone fast too, but covered my car before I had a chance to notice. Thank goodness it didn't stay. Hope that's the end for you on your break!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an unwelcome sight on spring break! I hope it melts quickly and spring returns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry. I am looking out the window at flowers and a beautiful breeze. Come to Louisiana quick before summer gets here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snow was covering my front lawn when I came home! I hope that this does not happen when I have my spring break in two weeks! Hopefully you'll get to enjoy some warmer weather as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel your pain. It snowed today here as well. I could hardly believe it was happening, but I live in Michigan. So, of course it's snowing in March! UGH is right.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh. We woke up with the same white covering today too. Your thoughts were my thoughts. Really? On spring break? C'mon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We woke up to that too. Apparently there were a lot of accidents this morning. :(

    I have this sinking feeling we're going to get snow in April. I really hope I'm wrong.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy and I'd love to hear from YOU! :-)