Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Treats from across the world

Day 20 of 31 at TWT!
"Ooh, are those British?!" I gesture toward the packages of cookies laid out on the table.  Must be British from the packaging... they say "biscuits" instead of cookies!
P. grins. "Not exactly.  Do you know why I wasn't here last practice?"
"No... we weren't there either.  I was busy with school."  Australian then, maybe?
"Well, I was in South Africa!"  South Africa!!! Of all places in the world, I wouldn't have guessed that one!


As our alumni band post-practice pizza group chatters and laughs as usual, we all enjoy sampling three delicious kinds of South African cookies.  One box of shortbread (one of my favorites!), another of a light, crispy plain cookie, and the third of chocolate-coconut sandwich cookies.  All the way from South Africa!  We also got to peek at exotic safari animals on P.'s iPhone: a rhinoceros chomping away on some plants, zebras, lions, and birds I couldn't begin to identify!

I whisper to Husband that next time we go somewhere special, we'll have to bring back local cookies for the pizza group.  Such a fun way to experience a faraway place!

2 comments:

  1. That was a great idea, bringing cookies. I would love to do a safari, but not sure about the camping involved in that. I am not a camper. I hope they were tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We brought back some tea and cookies from Uganda last summer. It was a fun way to share.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy and I'd love to hear from YOU! :-)