Saturday, March 17, 2012

Up So Early

Day 17 of 31 at TWT!
I love playing with new writing formats, and this week I found a cool one from MommyK at Moore Family Fun! The idea of 6 word stories sounded perfect to try for a busy, on-the-go-without-the-internet day!  Simple and short, yet a challenge to say something powerful in a concise way!

I thought it would be fun to combine a bunch of related ones into a little poem.  So without further ado, here I go:



Alarm music slices through deep dreaming
ugh, cheery music doesn't really help
night still black outside my window
It's the first day of break...
Why am I up so early?


If you want to know the answer... check back tomorrow because I'm sure I will slice about it then!  :-)

10 comments:

  1. Your title caught my attention, as I'm awake stupid early for a Saturday! Why is it so easy to wake up when you do not have to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe we wake up early because it's our time. Time for us. Time to do what we want. Time to write. Who knows, but it's true. Now you have me wondering about your day! Hope it is full of excitement and fun! Maybe you are leaving on a trip? Happy spring break - relax and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting format for the poem. And now I will have to read again tomorrow to find out why you are up so early :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the idea of all these combined six word poems. I'm up super early on Saturday (although we don't have break until next week!). Will definitely check back to find out the answer to your question.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our bodies do not always realize it's vacation. I like your 6 word story idea. Thanks for linking and sharing. Fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. To be continued, I am wondering.

    Did you notice six words above?
    Six words here too, can't stop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw Mommy K's idea. It was great, & for you to make a poem out of it is neat. Can't wait 'till tomorrow, Jennifer. I wonder what St. Pat's Day holds in store for you?

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great idea for a slice!
    Look forward to reading you tomorrow.
    Liked Elsie's idea, 6 word responses.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am curious about your follow-up. Your tease is effective. I too was up early, but that was because it was the final day of a conference and I wanted to hear Cris Tovani speak!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I came back this morning to find out why you were up so early. I guess I got up too early. :-)


    First Grade Delight
    imgoingfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy and I'd love to hear from YOU! :-)